Metal Sintered Filter Metal sintered filter is a wire filtering cloth made by pressing multilayers…
Etched Metal Mesh Screen Filter
Metal etching, also known as chemical etching, photo etching, or photochemical milling, and chemical milling, is a subtractive metal machining process which uses etchant chemistry to produce complex, highly accurate metal components.
Etched metal offers a fast, economical alternative to stamping, punching, laser cutting and water jet cutting when machining feature dense, tight tolerance components from almost any thin gauge metal to 1.5mm thick.
- Usage: Water filtration, Speaker grilles, Oil control valves, Air intake grilles, circuit board etc.
- Material: SS 304 / SS316L
- Thickness: 0.1mm to 1.5mm
- MOQ: 1 Sheet
- Packaging Details: carton box, plywood cate.
- Delivery Time: Within 2 weeks.
Process of Production：
- Photo tool/Artwork Generation: Tooling or artwork is designed from a CAD file.
- Material Preparation: Material is cut to length based on part size and photo size and then thoroughly cleaned to remove all dirt, grease and mill oils from the surface so to ensure the adhesion of photoresist.
- Photoresist Coating: Photoresist is a UV light sensitive coating that may be applied in a variety of ways.
- Photoresist Exposure: After coating, material is put into the double-sided photo tool and exposed to high intensity light on both sides. Timing and intensity of light is critical to cure the image onto the photoresist.
- Photo Developing: During exposure, the image is hardened onto the material, however, all remaining resist must be removed. A liquid chemical bath along with high pressure spray will remove all unwanted resist and leave only the exact image of the part.
- Etching/Chemical Milling: Panels are then fed through the etching lines. Typical etching bath consists of an aqueous ferric chloride bath maintained to a precise chemical composition to achieve a constant etching rate and the lowest environmental impact. The result, unwanted material is “etched” away leaving only the parts as designed on the photo tool. Photoresist is stripped away prior to inspection.
- Inspection: Parts then go through a rigorous inspection process. Quality control is essential to the success of our company.
Benefits of Etched Metal:
- Digital tooling, cost-effectively.
- Perfect surface, free from burrs.
- Products are free from stresses, as no mechanical force or heat is used during production.
- Quick prototype production.
- Short Lead Time.